Thursday, August 5, 2010

Happiness

Happiness is:

knowing what you need when you need it
fulfilling those needs
not doing things you don't need that you might do out of peer pressure

recognizing and helping to fulfill the needs of others

but if those needs are in conflict with your own?

putting others' needs before your own

but what about necessary competition, like work placement?

are there some needs that cannot be compromised?

"i will do anything for you save...?"

then what are those needs/values?

2 comments:

Aaron said...

I don't think I would ever turn down a job that I wanted just so someone else got it.

Michael Wood said...

Neither would I. And that's exactly my point. There are times when what you really need is in conflict with what someone else needs but that need is too important to sacrifice.

Or is that just because of our capitalist society?