Thursday, March 25, 2010

Never Say Never

I've become a bit of a food snob during these past few months, and this week I ate it. After catching a nasty cold at the beginning of what was supposed to be a very busy week, condensed soups and boxed mac n' cheese became very appealing.

I have Mak to thank for that. Before she left, she happily gave me most of what was left in her pantry. There was a lot of food, some appealing and some not. Despite her generosity, I didn't plan on ever using the "lower-quality quick meals," and for three months they were pretty much ignored. All I can say is that I've been humbled. It may not be the tastiest or healthiest stuff, but when you're head could explode at any moment, you'll take pretty much anything.



...with that said though, I have to add that I can't wait to get back to making real food again.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Sometimes you just need something in your stomach. Even if it is cheap almost fake food.