Thursday, March 25, 2010

18 months

Tomorrow will mark 18 months since I returned home from my LDS mission in Boston, MA. Amidst all of the emotionally charged writing from that time, I found this little excerpt describing events of the night before flying home.


That night we stayed up in the mission home. I say that because we only slept for about an hour. Elder Torgeson, Harmon and I played Phase 10, talked about good ol' times, and snuck downstairs and ate President England's beloved blueberry swirl ice cream. We left a thank-you note in the carton.

President England loves ice cream.

What a great finish to two years of serving under his guidance. :) One year later I saw President England again. I asked him about the ice cream and the note, and with a smile he told me that he had not forgotten. It was some of the best ice cream I've ever had. President always had good judgment (and his wife too, for that matter).

No comments: