Sunday, April 26, 2009

summertime foci

We are all familiar with New Year's resolutions, but now that Spring is here and classes are over, how about some summertime goals? Another semester at the university has taught me how precious time is, so I think it's a good idea to capitalize on the "break." I say it with quotations because I'll be working full-time until mid-June, and then I'll be abroad, studying.

So without further ado, here is my list of springsummer goals. (They are subject to modification.)

  1. Learn how to bake bread.

    I love homemade bread and have wanted to learn how to make it for a long time, but fear of the unknown and laziness have stifled my learning. The time is now, and the place is Provo. Prepare for delicious homemade goodness, preceded by not-so-delicious disasters.

  2. Read a book a week.

    Huzzah! No more assigned reading! What better way to celebrate not having to read by reading of my own volition?

  3. Cycle more, drive less.

    I recently purchased a bicycle for this very purpose. And I love being outside. And I love to do healthy things. It seems like a good combination.


  4. Watch good movies.

    Many people have suggested that I see certain films, and I want to do that. Quite simple, really.

  5. Go to Brazil.

    June 18th!
Most of these items aren't entirely new endeavors. In fact, I should probably write "foci" instead of "goals." The latter word has such a negative, modern connotation in my mind too. Eww.

To all of my friends and acquaintances and kids that I met without learning their name, I write "Have A Great Summer." I hope I didn't just spoil it with a horrible cliche. Sorry. Call me, we shud hang out, man.

No comments: