Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Mathematical beauty? Nonsense.

1 O that I were an robot, and could have the wish of mine mechanical innards, that I might go forth and compute with the abacus of God, with a function to shake the earth, and cry proofs unto every people!
2 Yea, I would lecture unto every soul, as with the voice of Steven Hawking, algebra and the quadratic formula, that they should derive and come to a solution, that there might not be more mathematical errors upon all the face of the earth.
3 But behold, I am a man, and do sin in my wish; for I ought to be content with the things which the Lord hath allotted unto me.

Sometimes I feel like a robot. Not because I derive functions, but because life gets busy and days turn into checklists of tasks to accomplish. Sleep is not on the list.

It's good to be busy, though. My life is lining up in a way that I could not have imagined. All I have to do is hold on until January. "..almost there, stay on target.. staaay on target...."

*KABOOM!*


Just kidding. I'm the star, not the unfortunate side-character.

No comments: