Thursday, November 27, 2008

Michael is going back to school.

It's super early and I need to sleep, but I wanted to share the news before we leave for Las Vegas. Tonight we had our Thanksgiving dinner and birthday celebration for my father, and after everyone left, I went upstairs and checked my e-mail. There was a message from BYU, informing me that I've been accepted for the 2009 winter semester.

Fantastic!

I'm happy that I got back into BYU, though I can't deny that I have mixed feelings. I've been home for two months now, and in that time I've established a comfortable life in Salt Lake. I have a job, I've made new friends - I even considered transferring to a school here if BYU didn't work out.

I suppose I'm being over-dramatic about this, it's not like Provo is very far away, but with the prospect of change always comes a sorrow for the past. I'm sure it will be the best for me, but I can't help but feel sad about leaving the life I have enjoyed so much.


I already registered for classes. I was very lucky/blessed - I was able to organize a decent schedule despite having registered so late. Now I have to find an apartment, buy a car, prepare to move, learn how to tune pianos... all in the next month.

Having a direction to take with definite goals is exciting!

No comments: